In February 2021, Cov Clean Streets team started work to help clean up litter and clean pavements and gullies across the city. It’s part of a £2.1 million spring clean ahead of the City of Culture.
They will be working to help tackle environmental antisocial behaviour and improve the feeling of pride for those who live in the city.
Extra skips will also be brought in at specific problem areas, while residents will be offered half-price bulky waste collections between 1 February and 30 April – a move which is hoped to tackle an increase in fly-tipping during the pandemic.
You may have seen our teams working in your street.
This is what we have been doing:
- Clearing litter from the gullies and pavements
- Removing any items left on the street
- Emptying all of the bins
- Sweeping the pavement
We want to help keep your street clean and tidy but we need your help to do that.
You can help us by:
- Taking any excess waste to the tip
- Not leaving any loose rubbish out on your street
- Making sure your bin lid is closed so rubbish can’t blow out of it
Other Council services that can help you keep your street a clean and tidy place:
- Check when your bins are being collected – visit www.coventry.gov.uk/bindays
- Report flytipping – 08085 834333 or www.coventry.gov.uk/flytipping
- Book a bulky waste collection – 08085 834333 or www.coventry.gov.uk/tipbooking
If you want a supply of bags and gloves so you can do your own clean-ups, please call 024 7683 3633 or email email@example.com and we’ll get some sent out to you. We will happily collect bags of rubbish once you are done.