Teach the Future team are young people who have written a Teach The Future bill about the future of climate education. They will be presenting this at a reception in parliament and need funds to cover their costs. They have only 3 weeks left to raise the money.
The Teach the Future campaign calls on government to introduce six key changes to our education system to prepare students for the climate emergency and ecological crisis:
- A government-commissioned review into how the whole of the English formal education system is preparing students for the climate emergency and ecological crisis.
- Inclusion of the climate emergency and ecological crisis in English teacher standards.
- An English Climate Emergency Education Act.
- A national climate emergency youth voice grant fund.
- A national Youth Climate Endowment Fund.
- All new state-funded educational buildings should be net-zero from 2020; all existing state-funded educational buildings net-zero by 2030.
If you want to donate visit their crowdfunder.