Date(s) - 21/08/2021
Pilgrims from The Young Christian Climate Network YCCN are walking 750 miles, in relays, from St Ives in Cornwall to Glasgow, arriving in November for the meeting of World Leaders at the G7 Climate Change Conference. The Walk is being sponsored by the Passionists, a Religious Order that has members in Coventry and Birmingham.
Along the route they will be joined by local walkers and they will draw attention to the climate crisis. They are stopping at 10 cities and will be in the Birmingham District for 10 days. They will walk from Leamington to Coventry on Saturday 21st August, arriving in Coventry Cathedral Ruins at 5pm.
At 5pm they will be welcomed into the Cathedral Ruins by Rev Su McClellan and local campaigners for a short act of worship. They have been offered overnight hospitality by the Salvation Army and meals will be provided by parishioners of St Thomas More RC church, Knoll Drive & staff and friends at the Salvation Army.
This is a great opportunity for everyone in Coventry, for churches, youth groups, and people of all ages to walk, meet the walkers, discuss climate issues and learn how we can make a difference to save our planet.
You are invited
- to gather at in the Cathedral Ruins at 4.45pm, on Saturday 21st August to welcome them into Coventry, & if you wish, to join in the short liturgy at 5p.m.
- to wave them off from the Salvation Army at 9.00 a.m. on Sunday morning
- to join them, for any distance, walking from Leamington to Coventry on Sat 21st or from Coventry to Solihull on Sunday 22nd, or Solihull to Birmingham on Mon 23rd. To do this sign up at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfvLgNaBBq8tHS1sqf66MKH0SP1m2mts7aEYnFSt6nQjfDoQA/viewform and this will ensure that you are insured.
To see the full route https://www.yccn.uk
- Paschal Somers – 07403 625292 – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kris Pears – 07478 444002 – email@example.com