Coventry Green New Deal (CGND) are a campaign group that aims to work with local citizens to build a cleaner, greener Coventry.
Social justice is at the heart of their campaign, and they believe that neither the effects of climate change nor solutions to avert it should falls on the shoulders of the poor or vulnerable. CGND do not want to reinvent the wheel, but rather seek to work with people and community groups already taking action, as well as elected politicians and progressive businesses, and bring them together within a holistic plan for a just transition.
CGND think that an alternative, green economy should be built democratically, from the bottom up, as well as met with swift and decisive action from government. To this end, they hope to facilitate and coordinate the creation of a ‘People’s Green New Deal’ for Coventry.
Their Chair is David Ridley.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CoventryGND/
Contact them at email@example.com
Coventry Green New Deal
Coventry, CV1 5RR
More posts by or about Coventry Green New Deal
- Coventry & Warwickshire Climate Change Conference
- Coventry Climate Board Membership
- Coventry for a Green New Deal Newsletter 2, SPRING 2020
- Coventry Green New Deal
- Coventry Green New Deal Meeting 20 June 2023
- Coventry Green New Deal Update March 2020
- Coventry Telegraph Report on Green New Deal Meeting
- Coventry Waste Incinerator Report by Green New Deal
- Energy & Coventry Green New Deal
- Report on Two Climate Conferences
- Shadow Climate Change Strategy for Coventry from Coventry Green New Deal
- What Is The Real Purpose Of Coventry’s Climate Board?