Date(s) - 04/08/2021
19:00 - 20:00
About this event
The UN Climate Conference “COP26” in Glasgow in November is a vital international event. COP26 Coalition are supporting a wide range of actions running up to November to bring together local and global movements to bring climate justice to COP26.
Following the successful launch of COP26 Coalition West Midlands on 20th July, this online meeting on 4th August will focus on practical actions in five categories:
- Supporting the day of action in Glasgow on / around 6th November
- Local actions around our region, especially during “Great Big Green Week” and other key dates
- Supporting various campaign walks visiting our region in the run up to COP26
- Boosting our collective lobbying of local and national politicians to take climate action
- An introduction to COP26 – key themes and priorities – framing our campaign communications
These discussions will be in 45 minute breakout sessions. Register for free now and chose a breakout session.
COP26 will be a critical point for our diverse movements to come together to build power for system change and climate justice. To make this happen across the UK, we need as many people to come together and take action – not only in November in Glasgow, but across the West Midlands and beyond, before and after COP26.
Connect with and beyond the climate movement, joining up with trade unions, faith groups, housing campaigners, anti-racist activists, LGBTQ campaigners, local community organisers and more. The different crises we face are interconnected, and they can only be tackled if we connect all of our struggles. We are keen to welcome in folks from a broad spectrum of groups; please get in touch if you have any questions about this.
Let’s join together to bring about real change. For more information, please get in touch on email@example.com
- This event will be an online video call – joining details will be sent after you register.
- We aim to make presentations and workshop notes available afterwards.
- We may record the event and/or share a transcript afterwards with anyone who gets in touch to let us know.
- Please get in touch if you have other accessibility needs.
Care and Justice
We would like to invite the West Midlands coalition to work towards aligning with COP26 Coalition’s Care and Justice Policy.