10:10 brings people together to do practical, positive stuff to tackle climate change. Their website says:
We’re on a mission to speed up action on climate change.
We know that the speed and scale we’ll need to work at means it will touch everyone’s lives. If we’re going to move at the speed required – and if we’re going to ensure the new world we build is a fair one – people and communities have to be involved.
Whether it’s our world-leading Solar Schools campaign, research to build solar powered railways, or fighting the ban on onshore wind, everything we do is about inspiring more people to take more action on climate change.
We run positive, practical projects focused on tackling climate change at the community level, and turn these local actions into a force for bigger changes.
Current projects include:
- Planting trees in flood prone areas to tackle flooding and climate change.
- The government is blocking onshore wind power. We’re standing up for it.
- Generating low carbon heating from parks.
- Our brand new way to encourage staff to take planet-friendly holidays.
- How you can cut your carbon emissions right now.
Latest reports include:
- Investigating heat pumps in London’s lost rivers to provide low carbon heating.
- Riding Sunbeams: our research to provide solar traction power for railways.
- Is Mr Whippy sending out toxic air? Our research into ice cream vans and air pollution.
- Briefing: Public attitudes to tackling aviation’s climate change impacts.